It all started off when I went into the Virgin store. I had been told I was eligible for an upgrade and I was so excited (my current phone looks like its been dropped from space). All I had to do was pay my past due ($47 and change). No problem, I pay that as well as my current bill ($133 and change). So on my credit card I pay approx. $183. The rep Nick then goes on to process my upgrade, ERROR. He goes to another computer, ERROR. He then calls support, apparently I have a spending cap that is not allowing the upgrade. Why have I been told I can then by numerous reps on the phone? Nick was then so rude, in the midst of it all just turns his back and starts helping someone else, didn't even TRY to solve my problem.

I later call my credit card company and cancel the $183. I call Virgin when I got home and spoke with the retention department. He has ASSURED the cap has nothing to do with it that it was a Virgin SYSTEM ERROR and that he has to create a ticket and escalate to their I.T department to fix, I would then get a call in 24 to 48 hrs. when resolved. NEVER GOT A CALL. I then call again and said just cancel for the love of god, this is too much stress and frustration for a single upgrade. Guess what, THEY CANT CANCEL! Another error appears and is not allowing them to even cancel my account. This new rep Eric now says he needs to do what? CREATE A TICKET AND ESCALATE! Just absurd, they legitimately have me by the balls. Not only has my first issue never been solved now I don't even have a way out because again, no one calls back as promised.

I have spent so many hours of my life fighting for something as simple as a phone upgrade in which I am eligible for, and now I cant even cancel.

I have also sent in 3 complaints to head office in which I have received ZERO response from any. Thank god for social media, I have posted so many rants about the terrible service I hope it spreads and convinces people to stay away.

One more thing, I was talking to reps giving me inaccurate information regarding my past due and current. So as I mentioned to do my upgrade I cleared a past due amount and the new bill ($183 approx.). They tried telling me my past due is approx. $97. Ok lets do some simple math. Total of new bill is $133. Total of what they are saying is my past due is $97. Umm correct me if I'm wrong but that totals $230. But my account balance is $183. NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO ME HOWEVER. All they keep saying is oh well you have to clear your past due and you can upgrade... NOOOOOOO!!!!! In the beginning the account was brought down to zero and it was a SYSTEM ERROR stopping the upgrade not a past due amount! The only thing now owing on my account is the current bill, after cancelling the CC payment of $183 I later paid my past due (a little more for $50) through online banking. STOP TELLING ME DIFFERENT STORIES!!! All I wanted was what I was entitled to nothing more, I am not looking for credits or free service or ANYTHING! JUST MY UPGRADE! OR to cancel which I cant even do.

Virgin, you are a TERRIBLE and you should be ASHAMED at the way people are treated by your incompetent reps. The fact that no one can explain or solve my dilemma is ridiculous. I have complained to the BBB and if nothing is resolved I have to hesitation to bring this to court.

Preferred solution: Either my upgrade or cancel. .

I didn't like: Retention department, Customer service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 18, 2015.

Comments