On September 14th, 2015 I gave Virgin Mobile a call and asked them if I can do an upgrade on my cellphone? And can I continue with the same wireless mobile plan that I had for the last 2 years. Which is $105 unlimited nationwide + 6 GB with extra $10 for unlimited call to USA. The Customer Service Representative (CSR) told me I am unable to have the same plan as Virgin mobile do not provide that plan anymore. After few chats I told the CSR since other provider like Rogers and Telus have a similar plan I will have to discontinue service with virgin mobile. The CSR transferred me to Customer Retention Department, the retention department after 4 min of wait told me they would happily give me the same wireless mobile plan as I had for last 2 years, All I have to do is to call them once I get my upgrade as their system doesn’t allow them to make changes before the upgrade is done.

On September 25th, 2015 @ 8:45 pm I went to Apple store and purchased IPhone 6S Plus 128GB space grey model with 2 years contract renewal with Virgin Mobile. The Apple Rep who helped me with my cellphone informed me that virgin no longer has the plan that I had for last 2 years. I mentioned the Rep its okay just give me any plan as I will be making a call to retention department so they can make changes based on their promise. It was 9:30 pm by the time I got my cellphone from apple. I called virgin mobile and found out that their retention department is closed for that day.

On September 26th, 2015 @ 10:00 am I called virgin mobile, told them I have upgraded my device and requested them to apply my previous wireless mobile plan to my current plan based on the comments left on my account by the retention department. The Virgin CSR told me yes he is able to see those comment and he is going to apply those modification on my account. After 5 to 6 min of wait I was informed that I have the exact same plan as I had before which is ($105 unlimited nationwide + 6 GB with extra $10 for unlimited call to USA). I was very happy and said thank you and the conversation ended.

On September 29th, 2015 I started to get messages that I am close to using my minutes and I have gone $50 over my long distance min with Canada. I was confused & Lost.

On September 29, 2015 @ 1:45 pm I gave virgin mobile a call and asked them what is going on with my account and after discussion and looking my plan online I found out I had $100 plan with 200 local min and 10 buddy number including 6GB data and additional $10 for US long Distance.

After talking to 3 different retention department reps the conclusion was made that Virgin has got me by the B**ls and I cannot get out of the contract. If I want to continue having my older plan I will need to pay additional $20 for unlimited local call + $20 for Canada wide long distance on top of my $110 plan, which will take me to $150 before taxes a month. The 3rd representative with the retention department became very rude and kept telling me that its my fault and was extremely rude to me.

I was entrapped and if virgin mobile truly record all their conversations I would like to escalate this further. I would not recommend any one to further continue their service with Virgin Mobile or Open a new account. How many of us are sick of this we get ripped off and then get stuck for 2 years paying $150 a month. I had already paid almost $850 for my new cellphone upgrade and now I have to pay additional $150 every month for 2 years. How much more crazy this can get, event like this needs to be shared so it can make a positive impact for all of us in future.

Reason of review: Device Upgrade Entrapment .

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Customer service, Retention department, Loyality department, Device upgrade entrapment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 29, 2015.

Comments