4.1
Coverage Area
Style and Design
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Dec 05

See latest update. Virgin Mobile satisfied the issue.

Update by user Dec 05

Virgin Mobile Executive Office got back to me immediately and between the two of us resolved the issue. They allowed me to transfer the entire original amount of the pre-paid account to my daughter's account. This was accomplished within less than 48 hours.There is no way of knowing if pissedconsumer.com was an influence in this matter, but regardless, Virgin Mobile took immediate and appropriate action and for that I am grateful.

Update by user Dec 03

I sent a copy/paste of this review and reference number to Virgin Mobile Headquarters in Toronto using their Executive Complaint Form. The URL for that form is:https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/support/complaint-form.htmlI await their response.

Original review posted by user Dec 02

This all happened within a two week period around October 12/2018.

I had an opportunity to buy a phone but checked with Virgin Mobility to see if their Pay-As-You-Go SIM card would be compatible. I was assured ABSOLUTELY that it would be fine. So I proceeded to buy the Blackberry9900. I also purchased a SIM card and $100.00 prepaid account. When the phone arrived, I slipped in the SIM card and it could not find a network. To shorten this story...multiple phone calls to Virgin Mobile talking to people who haven't a clue. I was advised to go to a Virgin Mobile Outlet, so 126 km later I was no further ahead. The kids are there to SELL and have no clue why Virgin even sent me there.

So with the phone purchase I am now out of pocket $165.00 + fuel.

I contacted Virgin Mobile one more time and talked to a rep in Moncton, New Brunswick and the conversation went something like this after I explained the whole story again:

Rep: How can I help you?

ME: Could I please get a refund of my balance ($93.00)

Rep: Virgin does not give refunds.

ME: (Pause) You gotta be kidding. You have my money and it’s a simple matter of refunding it to my Mastercard.

Rep: Sorry, that’s not our policy.

ME: How about if I transfer the amount to my daughter who has a Virgin account?

Rep: Sorry, no can do (and gave some long explanation as to why not)

ME: (Coming to a boil) So where do we go from here?

Rep: Well, your account will continue to diminish by the monthly amount until there is a zero balance, then you have six months to renew the account until the phone number is retired.

ME: Thanks very much…I guess I will need to explore other options…but you can bet your butt it will not include Virgin Mobile!!!

Rep: Is there anything else I can help you with today? (Are you kidding me?)

I ended up doing the following:

Put the Virgin SIM card and pre-paid balance on Ebay for half price (No bids yet and it doesn’t look promising)

Bought a nice little Samsung/Rogers qwerty phone (used) and with the assistance of an EXTREMELY knowledgeable and mature individual at the Phone Centre at my local Walmart, I was hooked up with a proper SIM card and a Pay-As-You-Go account with Rogers Canada.

I since have had occasion to contact Rogers about minor speed bumps. Both experiences were pleasant and the contact people were not only very tech savvy, they also went out of their way to successfully solve my problems.

SUMMATION:

I SINCERELY HOPE THAT SOMEBODY INFLUENTIAL FROM VIRGIN MOBILE HAS AN OPPORTUNITY TO READ THIS REVIEW.

In the meantime I will be cautioning other people to not only avoid Virgin Mobile, but consider changing their provider if they are already with Virgin.

In this customer service conscious world, Virgin does not measure up with their arrogance and useless employees.

Should Virgin wish to contact me they can do so at:

teddibear666@gmail.com

BTW: Should anyone else be interested I have a mint-condition Blackberry BOLD 9900 phone for sale. It is compatible with a GSM provider such as Rogers or Telus.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Phone plan.

I didn't like: Customer service and return policy.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 02.

Comments